We have a great, brand new opportunity for a graduate Web Designer to join one of the largest online retailers who are the home to several familiar brands across fashion and home.
This really is a chance to learn in a hands-on role surrounded by a supportive team of creative experts. The company have a competitive benefits package and are offering a flexible hybrid way of working. You’ll be expected to work 3 days in the offices (in Bradford) and 2 days remote if preferred.
You will be responsible for the design, build and testing of emails and web pages. You’ll have a strong creative ability to come up with original ideas and the ability to confidently code in HTML and CSS. You will work across various brands, assisting each with the delivery of their online targets and vision.
• Design and build onsite areas and emails to meet marketing requirements
• Produce creative solutions in Photoshop, built using HTML and tested to our required specification across all devices.
• Optimise various sites to maximise performance.
• To ensure work produced is compatible with mainstream devices and tested on all standard internet browsers.
• To work within and assist in the production of schedules to meet go live dates for update/offers on our websites.
• Assist with production of material for the sites including homepages, category pages, inspirational shops, editorial pages
• To be focussed on development and learning to progress both your personal skills and the companies online offering
What we’re looking for:
• You can demonstrate a wealth of experience and knowledge in both web and email design
• Have a strong creative ability to turn briefs into engaging campaigns
• Have excellent HTML and CSS skills and good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver
• Have a good understanding of usability, user experience and the general workings of ecommerce sites and related media.
• Have a good understanding of different browsers and devices and the ability to adapt to new and existing technologies
• Have good communication skills, the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and can work individually and as part of a team.
If you have the experience for this role, please apply to Emma Thomson via the link below with your CV and online portfolio.
We have limited people in our team we will only manage to respond to the candidates that are potentially suitable for the position and have the required experience.
The Book is the sister company of Network Marketing and specialises in creative and digital recruitment for agencies and in-house creative studios throughout the UK.
The Book is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age