This award winning full service agency have been established for over 10 years and they offer a variety of services including insight, strategy, advertising, media planning and buying, design, digital, photography, video and print.
They have a brand new opportunity for a talented Digital Designer to join their studio team and deliver outstanding digital creative and web design for their various clients.
Projects can vary from full site designs, branding refreshes and UX journeys to landing pages, emails and banners, so you’ll need to be versatile with a varied mix of examples in your portfolio.
• To research, design and evolve web-based sites, digital marketing campaigns and email communications.
• Work to both loose conceptual briefs and strict requirements as requested for each project and client.
• Create wireframes and user journeys, and provide rationales for ideas proposed.
• When required, create assets and populate client sites with text, images, audio and rich media content.
• Keep up-to-date with new design trends and marketing principles, and learn skills as appropriate to be able to design for emerging platforms and devices
What we’re looking for:
As a designer you’ll naturally have a refined eye for strong layout, typography and attention to detail is essential. A team player with a striking portfolio you’ll demonstrate a solid understanding of digital mediums, journeys and interactions.
You’ll listen and communicate effectively with all connected teams such as development and account management.
• Demonstrable experience of designing for adaptive and/or fluid responsive sites.
• Excellent layout and typographic skills.
• Good working knowledge of appropriate software tools in particular Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A strong understanding of how designs translate into front-end build and interactions.
• Experience of designing for CMS and/or eCommerce platforms including structure, templates and content managed areas (WordPress and/or Magento is ideal).
• An understanding of best practices for managing files, creating web assets and appropriate file formats/optimisation techniques to use.
• Prototyping through XD.
• Experience of wire framing to communicate ideas and journeys.
• Layout principles for SEO and/or accessibility best practices.
• Hands on experience of working with html and other front-end technologies.
The agency offer a friendly, knowledgeable and supportive digital team and the opportunity to attend design events and other role-relevant meetups.
Along with a competitive salary, they have free on-site parking and you’ll be paid overtime when needed. Although currently working remotely, the plan is to work in the offices once restrictions are lifted.
If you have the relevant experience then please apply to Emma Thomson via the link below along with your CV and portfolio.
Due to the current situation we have limited people in our team we will only manage to respond to the candidates that are potentially suitable for the position and have the required experience.
The Book is the sister company of Network Marketing and specialises in creative and digital recruitment for agencies and in-house creative studios throughout the UK.
The Book is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age